Dr. Bob Sears explains to parents the difference between a child's fever that may be serious and one that isn't. Only when the child's fever is high and any efforts to bring it down have failed, should you seek medical attention. This means the child could have a serious infection. A temperature of 103 or more is considered high, 101-102 is medium, and 99-100 is typical. Dr. Sears recommends using a regular digital underarm thermometer to check the child's temperature. Hold the thermometer under the arm for 15-20 seconds, and your done. To bring down the fever you should administer acetaminophen or ibuprofen, or if you prefer you could put the child in a tub for 15-20 minutes. The water should be about room temperature.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades