Not exactly enthused about who your daughter chose to marry? Turn lemons into lemonade by getting along with a deadbeat son-in-law – despite how you may feel about him.
You Will Need:
• A psychologist
Step 1: Empathize
Try to empathize. Put yourself in his shoes without making excuses for him.
Step 2: Support your daughter
Be supportive of your daughter. If you criticize him to her, she will be forced to defend him and you will only push her away.
Step 3: Withdraw support
Withdraw any financial support you provide. It may be difficult to see your daughter suffer, but enabling helps no one.
Step 4: Consider professional help
Consider his mental state. He may be depressed and need psychological support. Discuss possible mental health options with him and your daughter.
Trivia: In ancient Babylon, in-laws gave their sons-in-law a month's worth of fermented honey drink, to drink after the wedding. This was their "honey month," hence, "honeymoon."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades