Does the morning routine in your household include temper tantrums and a mad rush to get out of the house? Follow this plan to keep everyone on track.
You Will Need
* An alarm clock
* Healthy breakfast foods
Make sure kids have enough time to wind down at the end of the day so they can get a good night's rest. Turn off the TV, computer games, and music early in the evening so they fall asleep more easily.
Choose outfits the night before and set it aside, and pack homework and supplies in schoolbags and leave them by the door. This will save time in the morning.
Let older kids set the alarm clock so it becomes a natural habit. Younger kids can be woken up with a gentle nudge from parents.
Schedule time for breakfast. A healthy morning meal can stimulate learning and make kids more attentive in class.
Include a mix of complex carbs, like whole grain toast or cereal, and protein, like eggs.
Keep the television turned off and leave toys out of the morning routine. Fewer distractions will keep everyone on track.
Fact: Kids ages six to nine need about 10 hours of sleep a night, while kids ages 10 to 12 need just a little over nine hours per night.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades