In this tutorial, we learn how to use a rectal thermometer with a baby. This is the best to use for an infant six months or younger. Any fever could be serious, especially in the first 3 months. First, apply petroleum jelly to the baby's rectum and lift its legs in the air. Gently slide the thermometer into the rectum and wait until the temperature reads out. This will often stimulate the bowel movements of the baby, so make sure you keep wipes or paper towels near by for when you're finished taking the temperature. If there is a slight change in fever, see the doctor to be safe.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades